Assistant Manager Tipsy Scoop
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for experienced, reliable and enthusiastic staff members to join our team. We are looking for candidates who can meet the following qualifications and requirements. We strongly encourage all candidates to read the below thoroughly before applying and consider all aspects of the role.
· Oversee and monitor staff and make sure they keep storefront clean and orderly to DOH standards at all times; including taking initiative to clean and organize store appearance, delegate tasks to staff and identify and report areas in need of clean up or maintenance.
· Prepare ice cream scoops, waffle cones, and seasonal sundaes while creating a friendly, energetic atmosphere for customers.
· Organizing daily delivery and pickup schedule of orders for corporate clients, gift packages and events/catering and assisting with out of store local deliveries in NYC. Must be able to take public transportation throughout Manhattan and to the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens and carry up to 30lbs.
· Oversee training and onboarding of new staff, help with scheduling, reporting tips, and monitoring staff attendance and arrival for shifts.
· Monitor daily cash drawer and POS system, count end of night cash, payouts, and reconcile drawer reports.
· Acting as a class assistant to class teachers during ice cream making and cocktail classes on weekends and evenings.
· Must be willing to teach ice cream classes to groups of approximately 12-20 people (full training will be provided)
· Maintain a thorough understanding of all menu items and answer questions regarding all aspects of the company including branding/social media, events/catering, deliveries, and nationwide shipping.
· Take phone orders for catering, events, cakes, and pint deliveries and adding all orders to our company calendar system
· Communicate with staff members on shop performance and provide feedback for further shop improvements to managers.
· Communicate frequently with Managers & Supervisors; attend all manager meetings, and effectively implement all policy and standards discussed
· Organize ice cream and pint freezers regularly to maintain inventory and create attractive display.
· Monitor and report inventory daily & weekly to Store Manager
· Cleaning all areas of the store and basement areas as directed by managers. Must be willing to clean bathrooms, walls and floors.
· Open weekend availability required
· Must be 18+ years old; must be willing and legally able to serve alcoholic beverages in accordance with all SLA & NYC laws.
· Willing to work evenings until at least 11:30pm; late night hours during summer seasons can extend to 12:30am on Fridays and Saturdays. Assistant Manager position requires being comfortable closing the store in the evenings while working alone during slow season.
· Must be able to handle the seasonal nature of the ice cream business. This means busy summer and weekend rushes, as well as slower winter and weeknight shifts. Job duties and responsibilities will change based on seasonality.
· Previous management experience in retail, customer service, food service or other related fields
· Demonstrate model work performance and set an example for staff that establishes clear expectations for customer service and product quality
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make decisions quickly under pressure
· Strong work ethic and commitment to showing up to work each day with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
· Flexibility in taking on new jobs and responsibilities; willingness to help a growing startup company and work in changing systems and processes
· Demonstrate personal responsibility by maintaining cleanliness, organization and branding for the store at all times
· Ability to effectively train, lead and motivate staff and provide direction while on shift to maintain appropriate store operations
· Willingness to learn and familiarize yourself with many different aspects of the company’s structure and needs; flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a growing small business, and adjust to new or shifting responsibilities as the company needs evolve over time.
· Ability to effectively manage downtime for staff by identifying and assigning downtime cleaning, and being willing and able to personally do the same cleaning, as well.
· Prioritize consistent attendance and timeliness, particularly during the summer busy season.
· Someone who enjoys engaging with customers on a daily basis and can maintain consistent excitement and enthusiasm for the brand when interacting with customers
· Ice cream management experience is a plus
Job Type: Full-time