The Educational Programs Director is responsible for leading Urban Adamah’s core programs for youth, families, and young adults, as well as for developing and launching new programs to serve those and other communities. This includes overseeing and ensuring the success of:
- Summer and winter camps
- School field trip programs
- Youth, family, and young adult retreats
- High school internship program
A primary responsibility in this role is significantly expanding educational programming. In addition, the director also writes for and contributes to relevant grant applications.
Please read the full job description here.
The Director supervises a full-time manager and one full time associate with supervision duties increasing to up to a total of 10 full and part-time staff members as programming expands.
PROGRAM CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND OVERSIGHT
The Educational Programs Director will steward and drive forward the innovation and excellence of existing programs, including:
DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF NEW PROGRAMS
The Educational Programs Director will ideate, develop, and build out new programming within the department. Once such programming is successfully developed and launched, additional full-time or part-time staff will be hired to steward the programs beyond their first year.
After School Program: Urban Adamah’s after-school program is intended to provide young children with year-round engagement, education, joy, and fun. The Educational Programs Director will:
- Design and develop program content
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage program staff in Jewish, play-based, outdoor education
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to market to the Urban Adamah community
Additional Programs: The Educational Programs Director will work with the Senior Director of Programs and Innovation to identify, explore, develop, and launch new programs/initiatives and including, though not limited to:
- Shabbat, Havdalah, and Jewish holiday programs for families
- Shabbat family havurot offering/providing shared, cohort based (~8 households), lived Jewish experience, celebration, learning, etc.
- Weekend experiential learning opportunities/programs for youth and adults
- Youth, high school, family, and young adult retreats
- Youth, teen, and family drop-in programs
- Young adult drop-in programs
- Fellowship Alumni Engagement
PROGRAM & DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Develop and manage annual education department’s work planning
- Contribute grant proposal and reporting content as requested
- Ensure educational programming works in harmony with other programs and departments
- Oversee user-friendly and easeful program registration processes
- Oversee education program contracts
- Ensure collaboration with the farm team to maintain the Children’s Garden, and the farm overall as an educational resource
You are passionate about Urban Adamah’s mission and have the background and experience to support your team’s work with administrative excellence. You are able to see the big picture of how administrative support responsibilities fit within the larger vision of an organization. You possess a love of getting down the details, creating new organizational systems, and coming up with self-guided solutions to problems.
We are open to applicants with varying levels and types of experience, provided that the applicant displays the skills required to successfully execute the job described above. You might be a good fit if you possess/demonstrate the following.
COMPETENCIES AND STRENGTHS
- Administrative & Organizational Excellence
- Self-Awareness & Partnership
- Communication, Collaboration & Customer Service
- Strategy & Problem Solving
EXPERIENCES THAT COULD LEAD TO YOUR SUCCESS
- Relevant experience in either for or not-for-profit environments
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage well-functioning organizational systems
- Have successfully supervised a team of 5+ people
- Effectively conducted interviews for a wide variety of positions
- History of a strong investment in your own personal and/or professional Jewish learning and education
- Leading a Jewish after-school program, educational initiative, camp, or youth organization
- Administration experience in a traditional or non-traditional educational setting
- Curriculum assessment and adoption
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, benefited, and exempt position that includes healthcare, holidays, and paid time off. The salary range for this position is $84,000 to $95,000 per year. Comprehensive benefits are listed here.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. General hours of employment are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. This role may require flexing those hours later in the day or work during the weekend.
Senior Director of Programs & Innovation