Catering Coordinator M&G Foodstuff
- Date Posted March 18, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Job Summary: The Catering Coordinator is responsible for coordinating drop off catered events in accordance with M&G’s standards. As Catering Coordinator you will manage all administrative tasks relating to drop off catering, as well as working closely with clients to manage all aspects of their order and then communicating these details internally to the team. You are going to love this role if you are highly organized, love all things admin but also like flexing your social media creative muscles and of course are passionate about great food!
Core Tasks and Key Responsibilities
Drop Off Catering
- Assist in managing all client communications relating to the sale and production of drop off catering on a daily basis, ensuring the highest quality experience for clients is consistently delivered.
- Review incoming inquiries and ensure all necessary information is obtained from prospective client; seek clarification and further details as needed.
- Respond to all drop off inquiries within 24 hours.
- Prepare all proposals, dietary sheets, invoices and other client facing materials and send initial proposals within 24 hours.
- Ensure that pricing is appropriate and accurate on estimates and invoices.
- Ensure full payment is made by clients, 1 business day prior.
- Follow up clients daily regarding hold dates and sign off on proposals.
- Create daily Jobsheets for confirmed jobs 2 business days prior.
- Communicate all client updates and changes to both Kitchen & Operations teams.
- Follow-up to thank client and collect feedback to be shared with team
Sales & Marketing
- Create repeat business by cultivating strong, caring relationships with clients throughout the drop off planning process.
- Assist in maintaining and growing our client base through scheduled monthly outreach and prospecting new business.
- Seek feedback on reasons for lost business with the goal of improvement and keeping doors open for future opportunities.
- Maintaining an up to date CRM platform including documenting new sales leads and updating current client details as necessary.
- Assist in social media posting and content planning for posting ensuring that content is always on brand and is in line with our company ethos
Relevant Knowledge, Skills, & Ability:
- 2 years administrative experience preferably in catering & events
- Working knowledge MS Office
- A passion for the food & hospitality industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Catering Software a plus.