Growth, Marketing Director Compost Colorado +1 more
- Date Posted August 08, 2023
- Location Denver, CO
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
This role is an incredible opportunity for a self-starter looking to make a lasting impact on our community and planet. Candidates must be passionate about sustainability and interested in working in a rapidly growing start-up. Candidates must be highly motivated and mature with clear and direct communication skills.
The Marketing Director’s core focus is to grow the revenue, brand visibility, and profitability in accordance with Compost Colorado's mission, vision, and values. They will lead sales and marketing campaigns in order to increase residential and commercial accounts; manage our sustainable retail efforts; and develop our programming and outreach.
They are excited to connect with HOAs, property developers, neighborhood groups, restaurants, businesses, and events in order to broaden our membership base and to divert waste from the landfill. Like everyone on the team, they are responsible for assisting operations weekly (~5 hours/week). Candidates must have managerial experience, be very organized, and feel comfortable getting their hands dirty!
- Growing group pricing initiatives. Coordinating with HOAs, neighborhood groups, and apartment complexes. Canvassing hot spots! (~10 hours/week)
- Connecting with and onboarding commercial clients (restaurants, businesses, schools, events) (~10 hours/week)
- Conducting onboarding and training sessions for new accounts (~2 hours/week)
- Lead CoCo's Retail efforts; develop compost soil end markets (~7 hours/week)
- Develop and lead programming efforts (~5 hours/week)
- Supporting Facilities and Operations (~5 hours/week)
- 3+ years of related Marketing and outreach experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Managerial experience
- Industry knowledge of CO state/local laws and ordinances that govern composting infrastructure regionally
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to direct/manage projects from ideation to implementation
- Demonstrates gumption, resiliency, and adaptiveness!