Food and Beverage Manager Culinary Institute of America
- Date Posted August 15, 2023
- Location Napa, CA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Full-Time
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) offers competitive salaries and superior benefits plans, including medical and dental, paid time off plans, and generous retirement matching. The CIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job description
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $70,000.00 to $80,000.00. Hiring offers will be determined based on the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. The recruiter can share more information about what the anticipated hiring salary would be based upon your specific qualifications during the selection process.
The CIA offers a substantial benefits package that includes medical coverage available at no cost to qualifying employees, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, retirement savings plan with high employer contributions, a generous paid time off program, and more!
As the benefits package at the CIA results in a significant value above the base hiring rate for this position, we encourage you to apply so that our recruiters can share more information with you about the benefits of working for the CIA.
The Food and Beverage (F&B) Manager is responsible for efficiently managing and delegating all front of the house aspects of service and scheduling as directed by the Director – Restaurant and Event Operations across multiple outlets. Outlets could include Restaurant, Grove, 3D Dining, Special Events and others as assigned. This position provides a regular floor presence across assigned outlets, assisting guests and providing constructive feedback to front of house staff, while ensuring the smooth running of their assigned service shift.
- Monitors performance to ensure adherence to all service, sanitation and productivity standards to ensure exceptional guest satisfaction.
- Works with Director on departmental financial requirements; monitor and control food, beverage and labor costs, assists with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Ensures compliance with all proper cash controls and deposits for the restaurant.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation levels to a Health Department “A” rating.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the property while maintaining the highest of standards and guest satisfaction.
- Cultivates staff food and wine appreciation and expertise. Coaches staff, individually and collectively, on sales techniques and table-side manner style. Actively monitors, coaches and corrects wait staff during the execution of their nightly duties and customer interaction.
- Responds to guest needs and complaints; responsible for maintaining guest satisfaction at all times.
- Manages staffing, training and development of the FOH Restaurant staff. Provides regular feedback to staff and completes all required performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Monitors employee dress code in compliance with the Copia standards.
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities.
- Assists the Director in planning external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities.
- Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including wage and hour and all federal, state and local laws pertaining to alcoholic beverages and food safety and sanitation.
- Oversees the operation of the Micros Open Table and other systems as assigned.
- Provides training and instruction to servers and bartenders on Micros procedures and accounting operations. Assists the Director with program updates to menus in Micros and databases as needed. Maintains and monitors reservations system.
- Approves payroll and overtime for all direct reports. Continually monitors labor costs to ensure efficiency.
- Manages all daily aspects to wine and beverage operations, including ensuring the full stocking of the bar area and compliance with all Safe Serve protocols.
- Ensures compliance with controls over the ordering and issuing of wine, liquor and beer to staff.
- Provides instruction to servers and bartenders on Micros procedures and accounting operations. Programs updates to Micros menus and database as needed. Maintains and monitors the reservation systems.
- Maintains superior personal presentation and public relations with guests of the Institute.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience in a restaurant, including supervision of employees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Serve Safe Certification or ability to obtain within 30 days from hire date.
- Ability to calculate and manage food and labor costs within a set budget.
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management or equivalent preferred.
- Culinary Institute of America graduate preferred.
- Broad business savvy, with a solid grasp of financial and operating goals.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on guest and customer service.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Excellent logistical planning and delegating skills.
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Must have a demonstrated history of improved guest experience with measurable results.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as required due to business needs.
- Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand and work for eight (8) hours.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds or more with assistance.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline