EcoLawn Assistant Manager Shades of Green Permaculture +1 more
- Date Posted August 16, 2023
- Location Avondale Estates, GA
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Full-Time
The role of the EcoLawn Assistant Manager is to work on the Shades of Green EcoLawn Team to help assist and empower our clients in maintaining their lawns in an ecologically friendly way that supports the fundamentals of permaculture design and philosophy. The EcoLawn Assistant Manager reports directly to the Caretaking Manager. This position is for someone who has a minimum of 2-3 years experience in managing people/leading a team, a background in lawn care, landscaping; horticulture; or permaculture and enjoys working with others as well as independently. You have amazing people skills and are committed to leading and empowering the EcoLawn team and clients with knowledge. You enjoy working outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions and are a hard worker who is detail-oriented + takes pride in the work they do. This is an ideal position if you are interested in learning more about permaculture techniques, and their application.
The EcoLawn Assistant Manager is accountable to the following work:
- Foster an excellent customer experience through dynamic service and holistic property care.
- Make sure all duties are carried out in accordance with Shades of Green Permaculture’s standard operating and safety procedures.
- Work with + lead a team to deliver ongoing care for clients that empowers and supports knowledge of their landscape.
- Store materials at HQ shop and load/unload truck, keeping space organized
- Identify materials correctly, and ask if you aren’t sure
- Know job names
- Adhere to timelines and standards
- Make intentional decisions on the spot based on careful observations + clearly communicate decisions made with Caretaking Manager + clients if needed
- Have experience with turf management + horticulture practices (required)
- Source materials as needed + instructed by Caretaking Manager
- Pick up and drop off rental vehicles as needed
- Call and engage roadside assistance as needed
- Pick up and drop off vehicles for repairs and maintenance when notified by Logistics Assistant Manager
- Record issues in whip around
- Contact Logistics Assistant Manager with issues and fleet needs
Communication and Job Tracking
- Enter time and any expenses by the end of each day.
- Respond promptly to emails
- Manage calendar and communicate changes to team and clients
- Work directly with the Caretaking Manager with open communication + feedback
- Able to interact with clients onsite + can defer all caretaking requests/questions to Caretaking Manager if you don’t know the answer
- Maintain a positive attitude, enthusiasm and gratitude
- All communication with clients is kind, considerate, polite, and professional
- Wear steel toe/composite toe boots when onsite
- Wear appropriate safety gear (i.e. goggles, ear plugs, long sleeves, gloves, sunscreen, etc.)
- Visibly wear the Shades of Green shirt while on job sites
- Arrive promptly
- Stays on task with limited to no cell phone use while onsite at a client appointment
- Utilize non-violent methods of communication and interaction when conflict arises
- Maintain a positive attitude with solutions-driven communication
- Participate in 1:1 feedback sessions
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline