Program Assistant Maine Agriculture in the Classroom
- Date Posted August 24, 2023
- Location Augusta, ME
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Part-Time
Position Summary: This position is part time, flexible, and multi-faceted. The Program Assistant is an essential member of the MAITC team and will work closely with the Executive Director and Education & Outreach Coordinator to facilitate programs and opportunities for Maine educators & students. Our office is based in Augusta, ME. A portion of the work can be done remotely. Workshops, presentations, trainings, and some meetings will be in person and onsite at different locations throughout Maine.
Examples of programs the Program Assistant will be working on include:
-- Northeast Livestock Expo Kids Day - Assist committee to plan the event (2024 date: May 17).
-- Read ME Agriculture Program - Assist the team in managing and facilitating the program for March 2024, including registration, volunteer coordination, distribution, delivery, etc.
-- Educator Workshops – Plan and assist with delivering workshops for educators.
In addition, the Program Assistant will:
-- Attend Zoom committee meetings and MAITC board meetings as needed.
-- Provide newsletter updates and event summary information for programs listed above.
-- Other programming as determined by the Executive Director.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision,
- Strong organization and time management skills,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable speaking to a group,
- Willingness to collaborate with various audiences and stakeholders - teachers, volunteers, etc.,
- Proven ability to multitask, set priorities, develop a plan, and see it through,
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Computer skills - Including: Zoom, Excel, Word, Google docs, Jotform, Canva, Constant Contact, etc.
- Familiarity with education, agriculture a plus
- Must be willing to learn
Compensation: To start, this is a part-time contract position with a monthly stipend of $1500 and room for advancement, Mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of $ .625/mile
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “MAITC Program Assistant Application” in the subject line by September 29th. Desired start date: October 16, 2023.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineSeptember 29, 2023