Director of Finance and Operations The Good Acre
- Date Posted September 11, 2023
- Location St. Paul, MN
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Good Acre (TGA) unlocks economic opportunity for farmers in our region, especially those who historically have been excluded from opportunities to make a viable living. Our unique combination of personalized support and market development promotes both economic well-being and a more sustainable, resilient, and community-centered food system. We approach our work through partnerships that create meaningful, long-lasting market access for farmers and food access for our communities. Our Market Access programs are designed to help improve market opportunities for small, emerging, local farmers, giving more consumers greater access to healthy produce and strengthening our local food economy.
Efficient, effective systems are key to delivering on our mission and realizing our vision. The Director of Finance & Operations leads the implementation of TGA’s financial and operational strategies to ensure The Good Acre has the systems and resources to provide, scale, and sustain services. This includes leading and implementing the organization’s financial strategy and ongoing monitoring of organizational health indicators, ensuring streamlined processes across the organization, and providing leadership and oversight for social enterprise initiatives and warehouse operations. This position reports to the Executive Director.Job description
- Provide leadership in developing the organization's short term and long range financial plans with the Executive Director
- Manage and monitor the financial performance of the organization including creating reports and monitoring key indicators of financial health, including cash balances & forecasts, receivable and payable aging, and timeliness of government contract billing.
- Lead and facilitate preparation of the annual budget, in cooperation with the Executive Director, senior leadership, and Board finance committee.
- Coordinate and oversee relationships with outside auditors for completion of annual financial audit and preparation of Form 990.
- Oversee and strengthen internal financial policies and systems, including ensuring adequate internal controls, maintaining reliability of financial reporting and safeguarding of organization assets
- Analyze trends and data to enable good business decisions to reduce financial risks for the organization
Business Operations Leadership
- Provide leadership, management oversight and support to TGA’s agency-wide operations, which includes: food hub operations and efficiencies, building maintenance and cleaning, food and people safety, IT services and technology, and associated vendors/contractors. Regularly review contract and service provided for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop policies and procedures related to finance, operations, technology, and other relevant areas. Leading staff in implementation of policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvements to continually enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of financial or business operations.
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration, including overseeing outside HR and Benefits vendors and administration.
Leadership and Supervision
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team, working collaboratively with the leadership team peers.
- Supervise Food Hub Manager and operations teams to ensure efficient operations and alignment with impact goals.
- Supervise Social Enterprise Manager, including all operations related to Social Enterprise initiatives, such as space rentals and usage and profitability goals
- Develop and manage contracts and agreements with vendors and service providers, ensuring the organization receives high-quality services at a reasonable cost
- Support leadership team to monitor the annual budget and work closely with the Executive Director to proactively address any areas of concern.
- Collaborating with external vendors as they provide back-office finance, accounting support and human resources support.
- Interface with Finance Committee of Board of Directors
The ideal candidate will have experience in sales and an interest in supporting the local food system.
- Commitment to The Good Acre’s mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, including partnership development and customer service
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a collaborative team member, demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners or stakeholders to achieve a goal
- Skill in working with people from different cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local food system and local products including produce, meat, eggs, dairy, and value-added products
- Familiarity with Food and Warehouse Safety requirements
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office suite, Airtable, and various data management software preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a finance/accounting/operations role
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical business development initiatives
- Ability to design, implement and document business processes to be used by the entire organization
- Strong ability to clearly communicate financial information to various audiences
- Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and communicate solutions
Compensation – hiring range
$76,000-$87,000 negotiable based on experienceCompensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineOctober 02, 2023