Line Cooks, Full-time and Part-time Simon Pearce
- Date Posted September 22, 2023
- Location Quechee, VT
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Line Cooks, Full-time and Part-time, are needed at our renowned Simon Pearce Restaurant in Quechee VT. In addition to competitive pay, our positions are eligible for a quarterly equity incentive for non-tipped employees, paid time off, product and restaurant discounts, company-matched 401(k), health/dental/vision insurances, wellness programs, short-term disability and company-paid long-term disability, and more!
The ideal candidate will be experienced and well-versed in Culinary Arts & Hospitality with a passion for providing exceptional products & service, while fostering a positive and engaging attitude in a high-volume work environment.
Our goal is to always enhance customer satisfaction and expand our clientele base. You must adhere to health and safety standards to provide customers with the best possible products.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be a proactive and preemptive worker.
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen setup and operational flow.
- Keep a clean & sanitary workspace.
- Have a solid understanding of safe cooking temperatures.
- Have efficient and safe knife skills.
- Take direction, instruction, and constructive criticism in stride.
- Maintain preparation and presentation standards set by superiors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review food preparation checklist daily to ensure all duties are performed
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for dishes within assigned station, ensuring consistency and quality of all production and service
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for dishes as assigned by Sous Chef, ensuring consistency and quality of all production and service
- Participate in decision and preparation of daily specials
- Lend guidance to cooks who are in training
- Inform Executive Chef of any ordering needs
- Clean up preparation area, in accordance with sanitary guidelines
- Transport prepared foods to service kitchen for final preparation
- Work assigned station during meal service, cooking or assembling dishes for restaurant guests, ensuring consistency and quality of all production and service
- Maintain clean service kitchen area, in accordance with sanitary guidelines
- Other related assignments as necessary.