MedicallyTailoredMeals Kitchen Assis Equiti Foods
- Date Posted November 13, 2023
- Location Hillsborough, NC
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Equiti Foods is a mission-driven company working to make good, healthy, local food accessible for all. Read
more about our mission and our bowls on our website: https://www.eatgoodbowls.com/mission.
Our Medically Tailored Meals (MTM) meet the nutritional and medical needs of clients living with severe illness.
The recipes are designed by our team and approved by our in-house Registered Dietician (RD) to ensure that
every meal we serve is appropriate for their medical condition and meets 2/3 of their daily nutritional intake.
You are highly self-motivated, communicative, and empathetic, with a strong desire to support our mission and
create a successful MTM service for our clients. You love to cook, have an interest in nutrition, have great
attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well on your own and in a team.
The MTM Kitchen Assistant works closely with our Kitchen Manager and will be involved in the preparation,
production, and packaging of our meals.
The MTM Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen space, following
recipes, making sure all meals are produced safely following NC Department of Health rules and regulations.
As the program evolves, the MTM Kitchen Assistant may also work with our RD & Kitchen Manager on recipe
development and may help coordinate student volunteers/interns from local colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Demonstrates basic culinary methods & knowledge of kitchen and food safety protocols.
● Prepares, cooks, cools, stores, and packs all meals
● Weighs and measures ingredients with strict adherence to dietary guidelines and food safety standards
● Maintains the cleanliness and working order of kitchen area and food storage areas
● Strict adherence to prescribed recipes, guidelines, and standards set by RD and Kitchen Manager
In addition, the right candidate meets the following requirements:
● At least 6 months of commercial kitchen cooking experience
● Excellent communication skills
● Basic math knowledge
● Food safety certification Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 30, 2023