Operations Coordinator Green Guerillas
- Date Posted October 30, 2023
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Education / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Green Guerillas uses a unique mix of education, organizing and advocacy to help people cultivate community gardens, sustain grassroots groups, grow food, engage youth, and address issues critical to the future of food justice and urban agriculture. With a strong focus on community engagement and environmental stewardship, we have been making a positive impact across New York City for over 50 years.Job description
Job Summary: Green Guerillas is seeking an enthusiastic and organized Operations Coordinator to support our daily operations, ensuring the efficient functioning of our organization. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in managing administrative tasks, coordinating events, tracking expenses, and supporting our team’s work in community gardens. This role allows opportunities for professional development and growth and offers the chance to be part of a dynamic and mission-driven team. The Operations Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- Administrative Support:
- Manage office operations, including supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Coordinate materials delivery to community gardens.
- Schedule community garden work days for youth interns, in collaboration with other staff members.
- Coordinate volunteer events with corporate partners including sourcing materials, securing locations, and arranging staffing.
- Maintain files related to various projects.
- Assist in scheduling board meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
- Event Planning:
- Handle venue selection and logistics including catering and equipment.
- Utilize various channels for event promotion.
- Manage registrations and attendee information.
- Arrange speakers as needed.
- Provide on-site event coordination including overseeing setup and check-in.
- Fundraising & Financial Support:
- Assist with record-keeping and expense tracking as it pertains to various grants.
- Assist with fiscal sponsorship program by processing reimbursements to garden groups.
- Assist with annual mailing of appeals and invitations.
- Maintain donor records and acknowledge contributions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in operations required for candidates without a Bachelor's degree; alternatively, 1-3 years of experience required for candidates with a Bachelor's degree.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (required), Canva, and Airtable (a plus).
Hours and Compensation:
- $26 - $30 per hour, depending on experience.
- 25 hours per week, with the opportunity to grow in the role.
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule including paid time off
this position is : hourly, $20/hr +
Green Guerillas is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.