Assistant Manager The Goods Mart
- Date Posted November 08, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Must Love Snacks! The Goods Mart is better-for-you convenience store, offering the newest CPG snack products with a mission to make better-for-your foods more accessible. The Goods Mart celebrates the incredible makers of all backgrounds who are making a positive impact on our food system.
The Goods Mart has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, goop, Business Insider, Fast Company, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, Marie Claire, Martha Stewart, and more.
Do Good! Leadership, Team Development, Store Flow, Operations
- Lead the in-store team members to promote the mission of The Goods Mart and build a community with customers, team members, and the brands that fill our store.
- Build a positive and engaging workplace, where each team member feels uplifted and supported.
- Lead the in-store team. Enforce compliance with company policies, standards, and directives.
- Continuously inspect stores to ensure security and safety.
- Inspect all equipment to ensure it is operating properly. Coordinate maintenance with service providers when necessary.
- Reports into the Supply Chain and Operations Manager.
- Meet labor budgets and sales goals determined in accordance with the SC+O manage
- Manage schedules and train, assign, supervise in-store team members. Assist SC+O manager with hiring when necessary.
- Manage day-to-day operations of retail locations, work shifts weekly in stores to keep a pulse on in-store activities.
- Lead efforts to optimize inventory in-store; work with SC+O manager and buyer to maintain appearance and merchandising of stores.
- Responsible for scheduling inventory transfers between locations with buyer.
We’re Looking for Someone with:
- Passion to build a community store and be part of a fast-pace start-up.
- Interest in grocery, retail, CPG with 2+ years of experience in FOH management. Experience in leading a team.
- Highly organized, self-starter who can identify most critical tasks on a day-to-day basis and clearly communicate priorities to management.
- Experience operating within a fast-paced, startup environment and launching new services: can find room for improvement, and write SOPs that encapsulate new processes.
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in on day-to-day in store tasks such as packing snack boxes, and checking customers out as needed.
- Experience with Google Sheets or Excel.
- Strong communicator with ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Eagerness to grow and learn from industry experts. Ready to help to change the direction of emerging CPG brands.
- Must be in NYC and excited to work in-person
- Must be able to carry and list 25 lbs
- Salary based on experience.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions