NYC Event Leader | Chef Partnerships Sprouts Chef Training
- Date Posted November 14, 2023
- Location New York City, NY
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Sprouts Chef Training is a 501c3 that equips youth to rise from hardship through culinary training and job placement.
Youth at Sprouts are paired with a chef mentor and wraparound program to develop the vocational skills needed to secure and maintain a culinary job. Graduates use these entry-level jobs to kickstart culinary careers, pay for education, or pursue new industries.
Sprouts is seeking an event leader to spearhead our 2024 expansion of pop-up fundraisers and Chef Training programming in New York City. This position entails a variety of skills, from forging new partnerships, entering into a new market, organizing events, soliciting in-kind ingredient donations, marketing, and overseeing an event manager. The event leader will have the support of two full-time team members who live in New York.
- Reaching out to old, current, and new NYC and Brooklyn restaurants to organize two, 30-50 seat pop-ups in May.
- Organizing three pop-ups in September. Each pop-up can feature one chef and their restaurant or even up to three chefs at a host restaurant.
- Working with your assistant, Sprouts event manager, who lives in NYC, to give her tasks to support you (posting for volunteer photographers)
- Working with Sprouts PR agency to get the word out about the expansion/ pop-ups in March, with announcements slated to go out 6 weeks before the first round of pop-ups
- Educating new and old NYC partner chefs on Sprouts Chef Training restaurant internship program and inviting them to host a youth
- Attending and executing each pop-up in NYC, attended by Sprouts and OpenTable
- Working with Sprouts event manager to recruit volunteers
- Working with the featured pop-up chefs and restaurants to spread the word
- Working with Open Table to spread the word
Skills and Requirements:
- Genuine excitement and personal alignment with Sprouts Chef Training mission and theory of change
- Ability to thrive in a remote/virtual work environment
- Experience or studies in marketing and/or communications
- Familiarity with various online platforms, such as Google Suite, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Canva, etc.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
Your Professional Growth:
We believe that everyone has unique talents, passions, and interests to contribute! We will work with you individually to make sure that your skillset is highlighted and your goals for personal and professional growth are met. We will incorporate your interests in your tasks and goals.
Locations and Hours:
10-20 hours per week, remote, schedule determined by applicant
Commitments and Contract Period:
$45/ hr, contracted position
Chef Training Program Overview:
We equip Bay Area youth to rise from hardship through culinary training and job placement. Youth pair with chef mentors and case managers to develop the skills needed to secure and maintain culinary jobs. Since 2012, dozens of youth have used their skills to get off the streets, pay for higher education, become chefs, access new professions, or support family members.
We believe in a Bay Area where all youth have access to fulfilling career pathways.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit the following to our Recruitment Manager at Sprouts@SproutsChefTraining.org:
- Cover letter that explains why your skill set, interests/goals, and past experiences are pertinent to the position (specify part- or full-time interest)
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Specify your interest in part- or full-time work when you apply
1) Jobs change lives
- Financial freedom, purpose, community, self worth
- Kitchen teams are family
- Food is relatable, inviting, and rewarding
- Progress is tangible
- Kitchens foster community service
- Culinary skills lead to countless career pathways
- Partnerships with employers, youth help organizations, and financial coaches are essential to the long term success of youth experiencing hardship
A Bay Area where all youth have access to fulfilling career pathways.
Equipping youth to rise from hardship through culinary training and job placement.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 31, 2023