Host / Content Creator Outstanding in the Field +3 more
- Date Posted January 05, 2024
- Location Anywhere
- Category Media / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for Tour Crew (TC) members who are team-oriented, compassionate, expert communicators, calm under pressure, and adaptable. TC is a close-knit, hardworking group of management professionals who serve as the backbone of our events. They are responsible for on-the-ground execution of every public event; managing the satellite staff; and working with the farmers, chefs, winemakers and producers to create a once-in-a lifetime experience several times a week. This crew works, travels and lives together in close quarters for six months, sharing hotel rooms and campsites, meals and memories of the road. The pace is fast, the days are long and the experience is unlike any other.
This role would be a contracted position - spring to fall (6-7 months with possibility of extended contract). This covers lodging, travel costs, and meals on event days. This role is salaried.
Outstanding in the Field (OITF) TC members are willing and able to travel extensively, for the entirety of their contract, and understand they will not be afforded much alone time during their contract period. TC members must enjoy being outdoors, camping, and physically demanding work. Our events typically involve more than a 12-hour day, including set up, dinner service, and break down. Our events are rain or shine; staff members will be working outdoors for the entirety of the event. TC members should be comfortable managing staff members and applicants must display relevant experience and references. All TC members will have both physical and administrative tasks. All OITF employees must deeply care about food, farms, and the Outstanding in the Field mission.
TC member roles may adapt and take different forms as the hiring process progresses. While the responsibilities and tasks displayed in this job posting cover many of the required tasks, please consider that our roles are dynamic and ever changing.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Successful candidates will typically possess a clean background check in alignment with the responsibilities of the position. However, we evaluate each applicant on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the relevance and nature of any criminal history in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
*IMPORTANT: This job is not remote - we work seasonally all over the US and encourage folks who are willing to travel to reach out. Please note, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
The Host and Content Creator is the face of the brand in person and on social media. They must be extroverted, comfortable with public speaking, and have a deep understanding of our mission. On event days they will check-in guests and coordinate logistics of opening remarks and farm tours. During both event and non-event days, they will be creating content and managing OITF’s social platforms. They will storyboard their content in advance of event days so they can execute content gathering during the fast paced event environment, and deliver in a timely manner. They will appear in our social content to further connect our audience to the experience. On non-event days they will manage the Content Calendar and engage with our audience through comment replies, DMs, and engaging with industry relevant accounts.
- Act as the face of the brand both on site at events and on our social media channels
- Oversees guest check in
- Gives an opening remark--a speech for ~200 people at each event
- Communicates with Guest Relations on special guest list requests/needs and relays that information to Tour Crew
- Act as on-site manager for any booked photographers and press guests, assuring the photographer meets the shot list needs
- Supports the load in of our trailers
- Co-manages OITF social channels while on the road; Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
- Report content performance and key marketing analytics bi-weekly
- Manage and update Marketing Calendar
- Meet with the Director of Marketing on a weekly basis to ideate and strategize upcoming content plan
- Storyboard, shoot, edit, write copy & post content for respective OITF channels according to deadlines
- Supports copywriting of other materials; email newsletters, blogs, website, etc
- Direct on-site photographer (when available) to shoot certain video footage for your use in upcoming content
- Collect site notes to include in our online database to support guest navigation inquiries
- Foster working relationships with VIP & returning guests
- Manage inventory of all Lost & Found items
- Act as post-event contact to share photos and usage terms with partners
Minimum 2 years of management experience
Minimum 3 years of content creation experience
Strong copywriting skills
Knows ins and outs of social media platforms
Experience with platforms such as Asana, Sprout, Later.com, etc.
Professional photography & drone experience a major plus
Comfortable in front of the camera
Experience with public speaking
Friendly & welcoming personality
Exceptional organizational skills
Proficient in Google Workspace - comfortable using Excel/Google Sheets
Confidence in driving a truck, and learning to drive with an attached trailer
Criminal and incident free driving record is required
CPR or BLS Certified is a plus
Must be able to lift 50 lbs
$4,000 monthly salary
$500 monthly non-deductible travel stipend
7 days PTO
Travel & lodging costs will be provided
4 Free Tickets to Events
6 Half-Priced TicketsCompensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 15, 2024