Marketing Coordinator FarmSteady & Brooklyn Brew Shop +1 more
- Date Posted February 02, 2024
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Design
- Job type Full-Time
Brooklyn Brew Shop was born out of the Brooklyn Flea in 2009, with the mission to make brewing simple, tasty, and most importantly, fun for space-strapped New Yorkers. We design stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers, made especially for stove-top brewing.
In 2016, we launched FarmSteady, a brand designed to extend our straightforward and approachable attitude to all things food, including growing, foraging, making, and fermenting. Our aim is to inspire a new generation of makers, bringing the joy and creativity of artisanal food and craft beer to kitchens everywhere.
Our products are about more than just the end result—they're about the process itself. We believe in the power of making, the joy of creating something yourself, and the conversations that food and beer can spark, especially when it's homemade.
You can find our products at Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Nordstrom, as well as at independent retailers across the United States and Europe. We're proud of the community we've built and are excited to continue growing, bringing the joy of making to more people around the world.
Do you love food, fermentation, and DIY cooking projects? Are you a maker and a savvy marketer with a passion for developing clever campaigns, compelling content, and creative partnerships? Are you equally comfortable jumping into creating and editing assets as you are managing freelancers, deadlines, and deliverables? Do you want to inspire people to make their own beer, cheese, pickles, and even rainbow bagels with our fun and easy-to-use DIY kits?
If so, you might be the perfect fit for our New York-based food startup.
We are FarmSteady and Brooklyn Brew Shop, two sister brands that share a mission to get the world making a wide range of foods and ferments at home. Brooklyn Brew Shop creates seasonally inspired small batch Beer Making Kits, while FarmSteady focuses on baking kits, less boozy fermentation kits (think kombucha, hot sauce, and sauerkraut), as well as an ever-expanding selection of products centered around urban gardening, foraging, and more. Our kits are sold online and through retailers around the world, and we are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to join our small but globally focused team.
You will work closely with the co-founders, creative director, sales, and customer support staff, as well as outside PR agency and freelancers to plan and execute new marketing initiatives to promote our mission, products, and partners.
Our team is split between the Catskills and Brooklyn. This position is open to applicants in the New York City area who can meet for regular team meetups and work 1 to 3 days per week from offices located in Brooklyn.
- Are a fountain of ideas
- Love using data to make quick, informed decisions without getting stuck in the weeds
- Are a jack of all trades: You’re a solid writer and editor, tech and data savvy and have a discerning eye for photography and design, and what you can’t do yourself you can hire and oversee freelancers efficiently
- Keep on top of new products, brands, marketing strategies, and ecommerce tools and trends
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out.
- Are an ambitious, hardworking self-starter: You have clearly defined goals, develop campaigns quickly and are excited to devise and tackle a lot of different projects
- Love farmer's markets, restaurants, breweries, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions. As a small team, we’re looking for someone who really loves food, fermentation, and wants to grow in this role
You'll work hand-in-hand and tag-team all things marketing with our small team including:
- Grow, support and engage a strong community of brewers and makers across the Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady brands
- Create and execute go-to-market product launch strategies
- Plan and manage content calendars and asset timelines for multiple email audiences across 2 brands with multiple sales channels including ecommerce and wholesale
- Coordinate marketing campaigns across multiple platforms including web content, mass email campaigns, targeted email campaigns, social media, outside partnerships, and press
- Further develop email subscriber list segmentation and build rich email flows
- Analyze and optimize marketing funnel for maximum growth, from awareness through retention
- Create and coordinate platform-specific and cross-platform campaigns and content calendars, promotions, and partnerships
- Use data to establish benchmarks and best practices across marketing platforms
- Cross-channel strategy: work to create an overarching strategy across channels to drive quality traffic to websites, landing pages, and key pieces of content
- Bachelors degree
- You have 2-3 years of relevant work or internship experience, preferably with a CPG or food company with an ecommerce presence
- You have impeccable writing skills, you can write and edit smart, on-brand copy
- You have solid email marketing skills, including segmentation and flows, preferably with Klaviyo
- You have proven ability planning and executing e-commerce initiatives, preferably with Shopify
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads for yourself, team members, and outside hires
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently
- You're happy to jump in, learn new skills and lend a hand where needed
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline