Empresas Coach & Food Specialist Adelante Mujeres
- Date Posted February 06, 2024
- Location Hillsboro, OR
- Category Business / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Do you seek an environment that encourages everyone to grow to their fullest potential? Are you a people person with strong attention to detail? Do you want to work for one of the top 10 non-profit organizations to work from in Oregon for 5 consecutive years? Are you passionate about building a more just society by empowering Latinas to lead?
Join the Adelante Mujeres team and become part of a growing organization providing award-winning programming and holistic services to more than 15,000 Latina women and children annually in Oregon. Adelante Mujeres means "women rise up" and the women and girls in our program are doing just that. With your help, we can build the next generation of Latine leaders. Located in Forest Grove, Oregon and founded in 2002, Adelante Mujeres is known for innovative responses to community concerns.
As part of the Adelante Mujeres Empresas team, the Empresas Coach and Food Specialist is the driving force behind culinary dreams of our Latine community in Washington County. This position will use logistical expertise with coaching and technical support to empower participants to launch and/or grow their food business. This role leads the operations of Adelante's Shared Use Commercial Kitchen along with building relationships within the county. The Empresas Coach and Food Specialist reports to Empresas Small Business Development Manager.
- Provide food-based businesses with coaching and Technical Assistance to develop and grow participants’ businesses and empower them.
- Assume primary responsibility for the operations and logistics of the Adelante Mujeres Shared-Use Commercial Kitchen space under the direction of the Empresas Small Business Development Manager.
- Collaborate with the Market Access Program staff regarding commercial kitchen and new market access needs of farm businesses and hot food vendors.
- Develop and maintain a network of community members who have knowledge, experience and information on small business topics.
- Foster relationships with stakeholders in benefit of the food-business owners’ development.
We recognize that there are multiple expressions of professional readiness. When we review applications, we take a comprehensive look at each applicant. Our goal is to assess your unique strengths. The ideal candidate has many of the following skills and experience:
- A passionate commitment to the goals and mission of Adelante Mujeres and support for immigrant and BIPOC communities
- 3 years’ experience working with Latine, low income, immigrant, or diverse families.
- 3 years’ experience working with the Latine community in food-based businesses, teaching, and facilitating micro/small business management and growth.
- 2 years’ experience in partnership building and cross-organization collaborations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Operation Management, Food Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, or a strongly related field; comparable experience accepted.
- Bilingual-Bicultural Spanish/English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Zoom, Canva, Food Corridor, Salesforce and other virtual platforms.
- Committed to education, social justice, women’s empowerment and the environment.
- COVID-19 vaccine and booster required except for religious or medical accommodation.
- Complete Criminal Background Registry enrollment letter for facility number CC503161
- Possess current driver’s license and auto insurance coverage.
- Ability to travel out of town to attend workshops or trainings.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary range: $50,000-$57,500 depending on qualifications.
- Classification: Full Time, Salaried, exempt
- Telework: up to 2 days a week
- Benefits: health, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability, 401K pension plan, life insurance, EAP, professional development opportunities, paid leave of absence, paid holidays (12.5 days annually), sick days (9 days annually), vacation per year (20 days years one through five, 25 days after five years), and sabbatical (1 month at 10 years of employment)
- Opportunity for broad and impactful work with a visionary, growing organization.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline