Writer and Grant Manager FoodCorps
- Date Posted February 06, 2024
- Location Anywhere
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
FoodCorps partners with schools and communities to nourish kids’ health, education, and sense of belonging so that every child, in every school, experiences the joy and power of food. Our AmeriCorps members serve alongside educators and school nutrition leaders to provide kids with nourishing meals, food education, and culturally affirming experiences with food that celebrate and nurture the whole child. Building on this direct service, FoodCorps advocates for policy change, grows networks, and develops leaders in service of every kid’s health and wellbeing. Our goal is that by 2030, every child will have access to food education and nourishing food in school!Job description What We’re Looking For:
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropic Experience & Operations, the Writer and Grant Manager will use strong research, analytical, and storytelling skills to craft compelling grant proposals, reports, and other donor-facing materials to help secure funding for the organization's approximately $25 million annual budget. This person will support the External Relations team by writing and sharing the FoodCorps narrative and impact with the organization’s diverse group of funders, stakeholders, and partners.
This is a full-time, remote position and requires occasional travel for department meetings.Who You Are:
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and eager to share our story with a broad range of audiences, driving support for our work. You have outstanding writing, editing, persuasion, storytelling skills, with experience tailoring to multiple audiences. Your strong internal communication skills and ability to collaborate across departments and geographies have made you a gifted gatherer of stories, and you understand how to weave those stories into the larger narrative of an organization. You use your sharp research and analytical abilities to formulate cohesive arguments. You are adept at organization and project management, and you thrive in working collaboratively and independently in a deadline-driven environment.
How We Work:
At FoodCorps, we are intentional about how we do our work, and how we show up in the world. We practice being in charge of accessing, feeding, and evolving our worldviews. We connect with our history, own our flaws, evolve our biases, and deepen our understanding of ourselves. We are willing to hold ourselves and others accountable with care through courageous conversations while celebrating diversity, embracing complexity, and building belonging. We recognize that we do not have all of the answers, we create space for divergent perspectives. We are intentional and collaborative about shifting power, access, and resources to those most impacted by systemic oppression.
- Serve as a writing and editing partner for our fundraisers.
- Own writing projects from inception to completion including researching, writing, and submitting grant proposals, stewardship reports, and other funder-facing materials to foundations, individuals, and corporate partners.
- Support the creation of funder briefings, pitch decks, cases for support, and visually compelling materials.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure written materials reflect the priorities of FoodCorps’ impact, anti-racism and DEI goals as well as meet the needs of funders and their respective requirements for grant agreements and applications.
- Track and facilitate timely submission of proposals, post-award reports, and other writing requirements for funders.
- Co-lead the development and implementation of a new Salesforce-based grants management system.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and continually refine internal resources to support effective fundraising and storytelling.
- Please submit 1-2 writing samples with your application; ideally at least one of them will have been written for an external audience (examples: donor newsletter, annual report, or funder-facing report/proposal). Applications without the required work samples will not be considered.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline