Farm Market Retail Manager 21 Acres Center for Local Food +2 more
- Date Posted February 09, 2024
- Location Woodinville, WA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Founded in 2006, 21 Acres is a program of the HumanLinks Foundation. Our purpose is to promote the benefits of local food systems within the context of climate challenges. We explore the relationship between our natural and built environments, and the transition from an unsustainable, fossil fuel-based lifestyle to sustainable and regenerative ways of living.
We innovate to solve current problems by infusing traditional concepts with new knowledge, and we value a whole systems approach to food production, small-scale food economies, environmental preservation, and climate resilience. People come to 21 Acres, in both the physical and virtual worlds, to unite around ideas and practices that will lead to a better future locally, regionally, and globally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act in accordance with the 21 Acres mission statement; promote and adhere to organization values which are rooted in agroecology and climate resilience.
- Work with the 21 Acres education team and other advisors to develop and deliver education for Farm Market customers, volunteers, and visitors.
- Foster engagement and learning opportunities such as Patio Market Event programming, seasonal recipe production and tasting opportunities.
- Consistently create a passionate, welcoming and educational environment for customers. Be knowledgeable and able to communicate about local and seasonal farming practices and produce availability.
- Take advantage of resources to learn about produce varieties and gather information about products to glean an understanding of how they can be used in cooking. Stay on top of culinary tends.
- Plan and execute compelling seasonal product displays keeping the Farm Market looking fresh and interesting. This includes creating educational signage about products that inspires customers to learn more.
- Effectively communicate climate and food arrivals, via weekly Fresh Sheet newsletter and social media posts.
- Make sure customer experiences are in line with our mission standards and ideals. Identify and resolve issues affecting customer experiences.
- Provide tours, serve as a resource, and effectively communicate the role of local food in climate resilience.
- Develop and manage projects which include marketing programs, display plans and promotional events.
- Source new products that meet the Farm Market’s sourcing criteria.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships and prioritize building knowledge about farms that we source from.
- Collaborate with the 21 Acres Farm Manager on produce supply to the Farm Market.
- Maintain relationships with food banks and develop an equitable food access process.
- Collaborate with the rest of the 21 Acres staff to raise brand awareness for the Farm Market and for local farm initiatives.
- Investigate marketing opportunities and implement strategies to grow sales volumes.
- Regularly perform sales assessments and projections.
- Manage and maintain financial reports and interdepartmental sales reporting.
- Establish and manage budget in keeping with sales goals.
- Hire, train, direct, and manage Farm Market staff and volunteers.
- Set and communicate clear goals, expectations and responsibilities with the Farm Market staff.
- Manage the Farm Market team adeptly, including communicating clearly and following up with the staff so they are fully informed at all times.
- Proactively communicate with all staff at 21 Acres about what’s happening in the Farm Market. Be open to ideas and collaboration with the entire team.
- Appropriately prioritize tasks in keeping with the goals set together with the supervising co-director.
- Ensure smooth daily Farm Market operations. Demonstrate continuous effort and use of independent judgment to improve operations, streamline work processes, etc.
- Collaborate with deli manager to plan and execute to-go food items for sale in the Farm Market.
- Take initiative on projects and exhibit commitment to overall goals set by management.
- Maintain a neat, sanitary, and orderly work environment.
- Follow all King County and WSDA regulations at all times. Be immediately responsive to any requests from either entity. Maintain an open and collegial working relationship with both entities.
- Occasionally assist with special events outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Other related duties as necessary.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills.
- Superb attention to detail, strong organization skills, and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions accurately and efficiently.
- Must be proficient with technology including iPad, Square POS, Word, Microsoft 365, Excel, SharePoint, and social media.
- Ability to properly maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about work related to climate action.
- Ability to work in hectic and chaotic work environment and be innovative.
- Must be flexible, and adaptable.
- Strong typing skills.
- Must obtain and maintain an active Washington Food Handlers’ Permit.
- Must submit to a Washington State Background Check (Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify you from the position depending on the nature of the job and the offense).
21 Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 21 Acres is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, agency, and justice. Discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law is strictly prohibited. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and our current needs. Please join our team and play a key role in our goal to advance justice in climate action.
For a complete job description visit: https://21acres.org/get-involved/employment/Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $64,480.00 - $70,720.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineFebruary 29, 2024