Produce and Flower Farm Crew Mama Bird Farm LLC
- Date Posted February 12, 2024
- Location Friday Harbor, WA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Mama Bird Farm is a 5 acre organic vegetable farm located on San Juan Island in Washington State. We specialize in growing heirloom tomatoes and baby greens, with a smaller focus on a variety of mixed veggies and cut flowers.
The Crew, Farm and Community:
Mama Bird is managed by Mara and Lars, with 3-5 seasonal farm crew positions. We are a family farm, with Mara’s parents and sister living close by. There are dogs, horses and a good movement of kind friends and family surrounding the work environment. San Juan Island is a beautiful place to live with a close community, tourist town in the summer, and gorgeous ocean and sea life surrounding.
Please go to our website and fill out our application and email us!
This position is a field crew/ post harvest washing/ packing/ delivery position.
APRIL-NOVEMBER (variable timing due to weather)
We are looking for someone who wants to farm on a produce and flower farm! Ideal candidates have high stamina and can work quickly and efficiently. Are highly motivated, positive, detail oriented and a strong team member. Ideal candidates can work hard physically inside a warm hoop house as well as outdoors in all weather, work alone or on a team, aware of surroundings and job details, work while they talk, and values a positive work environment.
- Pruning/ harvesting tomatoes
- Planting/ harvesting/ washing baby greens
- Field preparation/ transplanting/ harvesting cut flowers
- Irrigation, drip, over- head and spraying with organic spray (pyganic)
- Assist at weekend farmers markets
- Deliver produce to local restaurants and grocery stores
- End of year clean up
- Ability to lift 30 pounds repeatedly
- Valid Drivers License required to fulfill job duties
- Ability to take direction and stay on task
- Work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work and talk at same time
- Attentive to the care of equipment and all life on the farm
- Detail oriented
- Communication skills and ability to transfer information to others
- Social skills/ kindness- while on delivery and farmers market
- Team player
- We live in a remote area - a small island with no public transportation - and almost everyone owns a car. In the past, workers who live close enough to the farm have been able to bike or find alternative ways to work. Please consider the potential need for your own transportation as you prepare our application
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.