Volunteer/Public Engagm. Coordinator Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center +1 more
- Date Posted February 12, 2024
- Location Carnation, WA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center is a nonprofit organization on 240 acres of forest and farmland bordering the Snoqualmie River in Carnation, Washington. Oxbow researches and practices riparian restoration, monitors the ecological impacts of land use and restoration, applies agroecological farming methods, grows food and native plants, and educates people of all ages about agriculture and the environment. Collectively, Oxbow’s work takes real-time action to combat climate change, promote biodiversity, and encourage healthy food systems.Job description
Volunteer & Public Engagement Coordinator
Oxbow is looking for a Volunteer & Public Engagement Coordinator with a positive, can-do attitude, who enjoys public-facing work, and who shares our passion for food, farming, and the environment. This person will support our volunteers and the public engagement team in executing new and creative programming that will connect Oxbow to the broader community throughout the year.
They will provide impeccable customer care and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. The position requires working some weekends and evenings. It also includes being connected to the other program teams and working collaboratively. Oxbow is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion work and asks all staff members to participate in our culture building exercises.
- Maintain Square app and technology for event and outdoor kitchen sales
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities including community events, workshops, offsite tabling events, and other opportunities
- Process payments and invoices from vendors, artists, chefs, and other partners
- Maintain the public engagement budget with the Public Engagement Manager
Internal Volunteer and Event Coordination
- Coordinate all volunteer training and on boarding needs
- Provide communication between all volunteers and their respective program team
- Schedule volunteers for upcoming volunteer events and opportunities
- Maintain different platforms like Mailchimp and Sign-up Genius to schedule volunteers
- Maintain all information on the volunteer webpage
- Post and recruit for volunteer events and opportunities
- Coordinate corporate volunteer parties on site
Public Event Coordination
- Staff public events in various areas including registration, activity spaces, live music and the outdoor kitchen.
- Assist the event coordinator in coordinating pre-event planning, load-in & load-out logistics, event execution, and break-down & clean-up for events.
- Nurture new and maintained relationships with partners, vendors, volunteers, and sponsors
- Maintain the off-site tabling kit and off-site tabling schedule for all program teams
- Coordinate all event, program, and volunteer signage
- Support event coordinator in organizing and managing outreach and event inventory
- Support public engagement assistant manager in maintaining event workbooks
- Track event sales and attendance and volunteer support
- Passion for executing creative and meaningful experiences for guests
- 2-3 years' experience of venue and event planning and coordination or equal experience
- Adept at managing multiple projects at once and using collaborative project management tools
- Ability to think proactively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills, proofreading experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient with Eventbrite, Mailchimp and/or other ticketing or CRM platforms
- Reliable, hardworking, and enthusiastic
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Oxbow is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We value the individual differences, life experiences, and knowledge that our staff bring to their work and their communities. Valuing diversity is a significant part of our culture, our values, and the success of Oxbow’s mission.
Oxbow provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Oxbow is committed to fostering a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.
This is a regular, full-time position, with a competitive compensation package that includes 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, employer retirement match, and generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave. The hourly rate for this position is $23.10/hr.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $23.10 - $23.10 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline