Farmers Market Manager Hope Street Farmers Market Association...
- Date Posted November 14, 2012
- Location Providence, RI
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Part-Time
The market manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Hope Street Farmers Market during the season and for the administrative work for the months before and after the market season. An abbreviated list of duties include:
- Manage vendors, community groups and entertainment at weekly Saturday and Wednesday markets. Staff the customer informational booth on both days.
- Manage market budget and record keeping, collect market fees, report to the Treasurer.
- Work with the Board to continue developing the market; may include some fund raising.
- Manage public relations, marketing amd outreach; work with the Parks Department, the City of Providence, and other community groups.
- Communicate bi-weekly with customers through email; communicate weekly with vendors.
- Collect vendor applications; work with the application committee.
COMPENSATION: $18,000 year - no benefits Compensation this position is PAID How to apply