- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Program Coordinator Sustainable Food Lab
- Date Posted September 12, 2016
- Location Hartland, VT
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Sustainable Food Lab is a global network of organizations facilitating market-based change for a sustainable food system. From peer to peer leadership networks and global learning events, to supply chain innovation projects and measurement tools, the Food Lab staff bring organizations together to help them accelerate progress towards a more sustainable food system.
The Lab uses our diverse staff capabilities to:
• Design and facilitate experiential safe-space learning opportunities on tough topics;
• Prototype supply chain sustainability innovations and collaborations, and
• Support the development of organizational strategy and leadership development.
Since 2004, the Sustainable Food Lab has evolved in an eco-system of organizations and associations. The Lab focuses on outcomes and is neutral with respect to specific strategies, standards, or certifications. This agnosticism enables the Lab to bring insights from many different players to innovate a food and beverage supply that supports people, communities and nature.Job description
The Sustainable Food Lab seeks a Program Coordinator to join its Agriculture and Development team. The primary role of the Program Coordinator is to provide project management and strategic support to the program, which currently has three thematic areas:
1. Performance measurement with smallholder farmers (focus on crop loss, livelihood and
living income metrics) (50%)
a. Facilitation of the Performance Measurement community of practice
b. Outreach to content experts to track evolution of critical topics
c. Manage logistics of the Annual Metrics Meeting
2. Climate Smart Agriculture (25%)
a. Research and writing on climate resilience in agricultural value chains (focus on smallholder crops but not exclusive)
b. Facilitation and design of learning events (virtual and in person)
3. General Program Support & Communications (25%)
a. Project Management and reporting for foundation and company funded projects
b. Critical research and writing on topics of interest to the Food Lab membership
The Program Coordinator will work closely and pro-actively with Food Lab staff, as well as colleagues based in partner organizations in Africa, Europe and Latin America. Project management, writing and background research will be fundamental parts of the job.
This position offers a learning opportunity to deepen knowledge and skills in international agricultural development and private sector engagement in a well-known and respected global sustainability network.
Full time, based in the Food Lab’s Hartland, VT, USA office. Start date and relocation schedule are negotiable. 20-25% travel expected.
Competitive salary and generous benefit package, commensurate with experience.
• Preferred MA or MS in agriculture, development or management field; BA or BS graduates with a minimum of 2-3 years of previous relevant project management experience will also be considered; preferred agricultural development experience and research skills
• Highly functioning self-starter who is proactive and able to self-manage, prioritize work assignments, manage multiple deadlines, and to represent the Food Lab in communications and events
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing online information resources and data tools for in research experience undertaking internet-based research
• Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of office computer applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – willingness to use Mac iOS
• A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with shared responsibility and accountability. Ability to contribute to a positive, productive, and supportive environment that motivates everyone to perform at their best
• A clear communicator; flexible; proactive planning skills, organizational skills, and critical-thinking skills. Proven ability to problem-solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues
• Experience with smallholder farming systems and field work preferred but not required.
• Must be fluent in spoken and written English; Spanish or French optional
Alignment to the Mission and Culture of the Food Lab
• Commitment to the Food Lab’s mission to scale sustainable agriculture in the mainstream food system and alignment to our values of agnostic, informed support of
systemic change leaders in multinational corporations, international NGOs, research and donor organizations.
• Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
• Action-oriented and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teamsCompensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions