General Manager The Brewer's Table
- Date Posted April 06, 2017
- Location Austin, TX
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
- Sound knowledge of quality food & beverage operations; including thorough understanding of philosophies and aesthetic.
- Comprehensive understanding of restaurant cost control and financial analysis.
- Ability to check cost control reports and form action plans based on goals set by ownership.
- Physical stamina, proper mental attitude and the ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage chefs, managers and subordinate staff.
- Attention to detail and the required organizational and time management skills needed to work under pressure, ensure efficiency and meet deadlines.
- Typing, word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College education or equivalent, hotel or business administration degree preferred.
- At least three years experience in hospitality management.
- Fine dining background preferred.
- Experience in high volume dining preferred.
- Hospitality-related technological proficiency required.
- Candidate must be aware of Management functions and have the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel and customers.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Communicate effectively in English, both in oral and written form.
Role: The General Manager is responsible for every aspect of the daily operation of the restaurant, including quality control, cost control, customer satisfaction, employee management, and facility maintenance. In conjunction with ownership and according to the overall company mission, the GM delegates and supervises all front-of-house and back-of-house managerial and staff duties. They are ultimately responsible for every aspect of the day to day operation of the restaurant including profitability and financial reporting.
Goals: The ultimate goal of the General Manager is to provide each guest with an exceptional experience. Superior quality at great value is our guiding principle, and every effort should be made to ensure 100% customer satisfaction in all areas. The staff and facility should be managed in the most respectful, efficient and cost effective manner possible. The GM should always strive to improve every aspect of the operation, through procurement of product, staff hiring and training, facility upkeep, and hospitality.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the General Manager can be broken into four main categories:
- Guest Satisfaction
- Staff Management
- Facility Maintenance