Communications Leader Clover Food Lab +2 more
- Date Posted April 12, 2017
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job Type Full-Time
We want everybody to eat Clover someday. To make this happen we need the best team members in the industry working at Clover.
Clover Food Lab is a growing empire of restaurants in the Boston area using fine dining techniques to celebrate locally sourced food at prices everyone can afford.Job Description
Every Clover restaurant relies on a Store Communications Lead to create an open, welcoming atmosphere centered around food. These individuals excel at creating meaningful relationships with customers and have a deep understanding of the Clover brand and mission.
The store Communications Lead is responsible for providing a world-class experience to customers, building a sense of community within their restaurant or food truck, learning as much as they can about Clover food and sharing it broadly, training others and tracking their progress, and collecting feedback from customers that will help Clover become a better place.
They work full-time at a single Clover location, reporting to the manager of the location in which they work. Depending on their interest and skill level, they may also work within the Communications Department on projects relating to brand, customer experience, and design.
The ideal candidate is a huge fan of Clover, loves food, has excellent verbal and written communications skills, and draws energy from being around people. Previous customer-facing experience is required, and experience in communications/marketing is a plus.
Compensation for this role starts at $15/hour and is full-time benefit eligible. Tons of room for growth into leadership. This is where we develop future leaders at Clover.
- Engaging one-on-one with customers through order-taking at their home location every day
- Leading a team of order-takers through 2 day-parts per day
- Working with their manager to build sales and customer experience
- Collecting and responding to customer feedback daily
- Assisting with store merchandising, retail, and design
- Keeping up with weekly, monthly, and yearly communications campaigns
- Promoting events (cooking classes, beer launches, farmer visits, employee parties, etc.) through word of mouth, posters, and social media
- Attending a sequence of brand classes with Clover’s Director of Communications
Human Resources may invite you to participate in a Practical Interview. This gives you the opportunity to interview us. Applicants experience the job hands on, get to know the staff and gain a better understand Clover culture. Additionally, we use the face-to-face interaction as an opportunity to get to know you better.
- 1+ years experience in a customer-facing role at Clover or other
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A basic understanding of Clover as it relates to the food landscape of Boston and the United States
- A passion for food and a willingness to work hard
- A basic understanding of tone, voice, aesthetics, brand, and storytelling
- The ability to thrive in a self-directed, fast-paced, non-traditional startup environment
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Opportunity to learn, grow and build a meaningful career
- Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
- Free cooking classes
- Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes (custom knife when you pass)
- Opportunities to attend food sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
- Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
- Fitness Pay-Back Program
- Full health, vision and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
- Company paid Life & Disability benefits
- Company paid Hubway Bike Program membership
- Company paid Weekly CSA Farm Share Program