Kitchen at Bartlett's Farm Bartlett's Ocean View Farm
- Date Posted April 19, 2017
- Location Nantucket, MA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job Type Summer Job
We are the largest and oldest family-owned farm on Nantucket with more than 125 acres of cultivated fields, several acres of certified organic fields and an increasing number of organic greenhouses. We sell our fresh produce in our specialty food market, where we also offer prepared foods using the freshest ingredients- often produce still warm from the sun. While we do not have a restaurant, we have regular Farm-to-Table dinners and special events held in our beautiful Garden Center when the season permits.
- To deliver exceptional Farm fresh produce, goods and services
- To give an enjoyable, memorable experience to our customers and staff
- To be a sustainable, responsible part of Nantucket Island and its community
We are looking for experienced Cooks, Prep Cooks and a Dishwasher to work in our busy production kitchen for the summer season, ideally May to September or October. We use only the freshest produce from our own Farm to create high-end freshly prepared salads, soups, sandwiches, entrees, proteins and desserts for sale in our market. We also have regular Farm-to-Table dinners and private events showcasing our produce and culinary talent.
Teamwork is key in our busy, dynamic and fun production kitchen. Work on Sundays are paid at time-and-a-half and other OT is available.
Housing is expensive and difficult to find on Nantucket, so we can offer shared/dormitory housing for $150/week.
- Prepare food and/or ingredients for hot or cold or bakery items under the direction of chefs and cooks. Responsible for weighing and measuring ingredients, gathering equipment necessary for the above.
- Prepare sandwiches and paninis or bakery items for sale in the market. Slice deli meats and cheeses, prepare ingredients and keep sandwich board and bakery stocked in order to create large numbers of sandwiches per day. Works quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for production of large batch items, such as soups, stews, sauces, dressings, cookies, quick breads, pies, etc.
- Package and label products prior to delivery to the retail area. May be responsible for checking inventory levels in retail to ensure displays are fully stocked.
- Maintain sanitation standards and facility cleanliness. Responsible for cleaning working areas, equipment, floors and may act as dishwasher as needed.
- Assist with plating and execution of Farm-to-Table dinners on a regular basis.
- Completes any other kitchen duties as necessitated by seasonal scheduling.
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It should be expected that from time to time, other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned, and therefore, required.
1-2 years related experience preferred. Position may require weekend and holiday hours and the ability to stand for extended periods.
Nantucket is an amazing place the spend the summer!
Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $14.00 - $17.50 Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline