Georgia Organics Conference Intern Georgia Organics
- Date Posted May 04, 2017
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
Georgia Organics is a dynamic statewide nonprofit with a mission to connect organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. Founded in 1997, the organization is based in Atlanta and led by a board of directors, staff of 14 employees and additional support from consultants, interns, members and volunteers. Georgia Organics has three primary goals to:
We have three key goals:
- Increase the number of organic and sustainable farmers in Georgia
- Increase the number of children participating in farm to school programs
- Increase the number of Georgians eating local, organic food
The Annual Georgia Organics Conference and Expo is one of the largest of its kind in the Southeast. As the Conference Intern, you will contribute to the overall planning and support of the 2018 Georgia Organics Conference & Expo in Augusta, Georgia on Feb. 16-17, 2018. The Conference Intern will have the opportunity to learn about sustainable agriculture, farm to school, and food access issues, while gaining insight into the operations of a dynamic nonprofit and the essential skills of event planning and managing a large, multi-faceted conference.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to special event logistics and planning for the 2018 Georgia Organics Conference & Expo;
- Taking ownership of conference-related special projects such as local partner and resource development (research and outreach), conference evaluation development (pre-conference) and analysis (post-conference), developing content for the conference social media campaign, and/or managing other projects specific to the intern's areas of expertise and interests; and
- Other event planning and communications responsibilities, as needed.
- Completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree program.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social media applications.
- Interest in developing skills in nonprofit operations and event planning.
- Experience or interest in environmental issues, food, agriculture, or other related fields.
- Pursuing a degree in hospitality or related to event planning/management.
- Experience in event planning/management.
The position is 10 hours per week beginning in August 2017 (exact start date flexible). The ideal candidate will be available to intern throughout the fall and spring semester but applicants only available in the fall are also welcome to apply. This is an unpaid internship for course credit(s), as available. Work will primarily be done at the Georgia Organics office with the possibility of limited teleworking hours. Availability on Monday afternoons (to attend staff conference planning meetings) is desired, but not required. The intern will be offered a complimentary Education Pass (and lodging) to attend the conference in Augusta, GA on Feb. 16-17, 2018.Compensation this position is UNPAID: college credit, barter How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJuly 01, 2017