Health Educator: Out of School Time HealthMPowers
- Date Posted May 24, 2017
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Health Educator - will implement HealthMPowers' Farm to Club Program with Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, empowering youth to cook, garden and become youth health advocates giving them the tools to transform the health of their communities.
Health Educator HealthMPowers, Inc Norcross, GA
Job Type: Full-time
This Health Educator will implement Farm to Club in out of school time sites.
- Engage youth and parents in Cooking Matters curriculum and hands-on garden lessons and taste testing experiences.
- Complete all preparations for class including, but not limited to, assembling and transporting equipment, materials, and groceries, and preparing volunteer staff.
- Complete program evaluation and other program reporting documentation as necessary.
- Schedule and deliver all SNAP-Ed on-site direct services to assigned centers. Services include leading cooking and gardening classes for youth and parents.
- Provide regular interaction with center staff to support program delivery to students and families.
- Document work with each center to show school and student's progress toward accomplishment of program objectives and adoption of incremental behavior change and knowledge gain.
- Collect self-reported behavior data from students in using the audience response system, paper/pencil, or computer.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to centers.
- Empower youth through training and activities for Youth Health Advocates and adult leader.
- Assist in developing and conducting tri-annual trainings.
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Nutrition, Health Science, Public Health, Urban Health or Education Background: 1 yearCompensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline