Field Representative Five Acre Farms
- Date Posted May 30, 2017
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Five Acre Farms was founded in 2010 to keep farmers farming and expand access to the region’s best local food. We find outstanding farmers using sustainable practices, pay them fairly and tell their stories. Our products, sourced and produced within 275 miles, are sold in retail locations and top restaurants throughout New York City and the Tri-State Region. We currently sell milk, half & half, heavy cream, buttermilk, kefir, Greek and regular yogurt, cage free eggs, and seasonal apple cider. Our business helps to create jobs and promote the local economy, expand access to local food, safeguard the environment, preserve farmland, protect groundwater and foster proper animal treatment. We call this being “Positively Local."Job description
Five Acre Farms is seeking an experienced, organized and results-oriented Field Representative with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to execute. This is a full-time position. The Field Representative reports directly to the New York Metro Sales Representative.
Job responsibilities - The Field Representative will support our current accounts and distributor partners. The successful field representative will also increase market penetration through new account activation.
Sales and Merchandising
- Account management- manage store inventory and orders. Work with store managers and distributor sales representatives to keep product in stock, avoid out of stock issues and maximize sales during promotion periods.
- Account merchandising- visit active accounts consistently to check that our product is in stock, in place, and selling. Work with store managers and dairy managers to get the best placement possible, expand shelf facings, and get secondary locations. Utilize point of sale (POS) materials. Track challenges and successes using sales software app.
- Distributor and Broker management- Work with distributor sales representatives in the field, and support them in opening new accounts. Provide store personnel and distributor representatives with the support and tools they need to be successful. This includes product knowledge, point of sales tools and, if applicable, product deals and incentives.
Marketing and Demos
- Support key accounts with in-store demos.
- Schedule and execute in-store demos to maximize sales in your region.
- 1-3 years sales experience in the consumer packaged goods or food and beverage industry.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the company’s mission and products.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: independent, self-motivated and adaptable.
- Valid drivers license with a clean record and car insurance if car is needed for territory.
- Flexibility with weekend demo opportunities.
- Competitive salary
- Weekly expense reimbursement with approval.